Sunday, July 12, 2009

2 days

18 tunnels (twice)

552 miles

6,047 ft elevation

At least 16 hours on 2 wheels


Went on an overnight ride with my dad this weekend. The main point of the trip was heading up the Blue Ridge Parkway, and spending the night in Little Switzerland. It was my first long trip and my first overnight trip out on the harley. I've got a few pictures I'll try to post in the next couple of days.


The highlight of the trip (other than the views), was this conversation between me and a drunk guy at the bar last night.

Drunk Guy: So, tell me what it's like to ride on the back of a bike.

Me: I dunno, I'm on my own bike.

The guy's jaw hit the floor and it was obvious he realized he'd just taken a bite out of his shoe, even in his drunken stupor. I thought his wife was going to fall off her stool laughing. My dad thought it was pretty damn funny too.

No comments: