Friday, May 8, 2009

Well, after spending a few hours in the CISM meeting this morning, I can honestly say it wasn't as painful of a meeting as I expected. Of course, I've never been through one of those meetings so I didn't really know what to expect either. The meeting was led by 3 guys, 2 of which are firefighters, the other, a pastor among other things.

It was an interesting experience. It was definately odd to sit and wait while each person told the same story from their own perspective. I'm used to us standing around rehashing things in our own way. It wasn't a bad experience though.

They mentioned/ pointed out how each of us is dealing with this a different way. Some get angry, others sad, I'm not quite sure where I fall. I'm sad about the little girl, angry at other things.

Overall, today's been an ok day. I didn't get much sleep last night, but that's not unusual for me when I work. I usually don't get more then 4-5 hours of sleep the night before I have to work. We've run 1 call so far, and never even got out of the truck. I've been able to spend a little time playing with the dogs both before and after shakin' a boot for the burn foundation.

I'm working a 48 hour shift right now to cover for a buddy, he'll have to pay me back in a couple weeks for a vacation day I was denied on. It's definately going to be an early night for bed tonight. I'm planning to get up early (for once) so I can get showered and into a clean uniform. I'm hoping to have my relief here early enough so I can shower and bug out to the other station without having to worry about a late call.


I do want to send a heartfelt thank you for the comments. It means a lot to me.

1 comment:

FireCap5 said...

Just hang in there. I won't lie to you and say that it ever gets easier to deal with these things when they happen, but in time the feelings will subside.

Just know that you did what you could, and that we need to remember that Gods plan is better than our own. There is a reason for everything, even if we are not able to comprehend it.

TCSS