Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Running

I went running Saturday with a friend and her fiance. I'm not sure of the distance because the trails weren't marked out. It was mostly dodging roots and rocks, while going up hills. I'd guess around 2 miles, plus another mile up the side of the mountain.

We were at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. According to their website, there's 16 miles of trails. I'm not exactly sure which trails we were on to figure the miles, but it's listed as 1 mile from the visitor's center to the top of the mountain. Let me tell you, it's a very steep climb. I feel bad for the people that had to haul all the gravel the trail is paved with up the mountain.

After the run, compared to my brilliant 2 mile attempt I wrote about recently, I wasn't all that sore. The only thing that really hurt at all were the muscles on top of my shoulders (traps.).

If it hadn't rained all day today I probably would've tried to find somewhere closer to home to run. There's a high school track nearby that's a possibility after school hours. I can't stand running on treadmills. I need the feeling of accomplishment from seeing the scenery change around me. I also don't trust the distance, seems I can never run as far on a track as I can on a treadmill.

I'm not even going to try to keep track of weight or sizes lost. My goal is to get into better shape and look good in any outfit. If I lose weight, fine. If I maintain my weight but convert fat into muscle, that's fine too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up!!! My officer has been running for probably over a month now! OMGosh he is looking wonderful!!!!! I so need to get on the ball now!
-Dispatcher