Thursday, February 12, 2009

Drugs are bad, Pills suck too

Semi-short post cause I'm hurting some and drugs are starting to kick in so I'm getting real sleepy, real fast. Notice I use the terms drugs and meds interchangeably.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Learned a lil bit about our CAD program, and how EMS calls are entered. Sat in on a calltaker position for a little while, didn't get to hear anything overly interesting. Still got to hear a few calls about either small child got the phone, or wrong number. How the hell do you dial 911 on accident??

Today, my neck was stiff when I woke up, I've been able to make it to work the other mornings before it got too stiff. I'm now allowed to pull up calls before/as they're dispatched, as well as put units available if they don't update their own status on the computers. Not allowed to answer the phones or nextel,or make reccomendations for calls, but I can call units on nextel and stations on the fire phone.

I think I did really good keeping the magnetic board current today too. No thanks to all the units that went available over the computers only. I had to keep checking the available lists. Also had a few units go out of service without telling anybody until we assigned them a call.

I left a little bit early to go have a new ID card made. The person blew me off and told a lie. I stood outside their door for 30 minutes for nothing. Keep in mind, the longer I stand, the more my neck hurts. When I finally left (without my new ID), I was in so much pain I sat in my car and had a little cry. I have a high tolerance for pain and I was really hurting.

I think I set a record time getting home so I could take my meds. I hate pills, I hate taking pills, but I really hate hurting that bad. I took the full dosages of all my meds (have a 1-2 pill option for one of them) and tried to calm down and chill out. The drugs finally kicked in and I was finally feeling pretty numb to the pain.

I can tell the pain meds are kinda worn off a bit now, my neck is achy again, but not as bad as earlier thank god. The muscle relaxer and anti-inflammatory are going strong though. I'm sleepy as hell and have been since 30 minutes after taking all those meds earlier.

Time to call it a night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think children are pre-wired to love the nine and one key.. That and it should be a law.. that you have to dial a 3 instead of a 9 to get an outside line in a business!

I hope you start to feel better soon!
-Dispatcher