Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A long shift


We were up all shift with maybe a 30 minute nap around 330am. The only call of interest was a cardiac arrest, but I'm not sure if there will be a case in this one so I'm going to keep it to myself for now.
.
The picture was taken shortly after arriving onscene under part of an automatic mutual aid agreement. We were dispatched around 0520. I had reported to command to let him know we were there if needed, and was walking back to my truck to get my jacket when I took this. The first engine onscene found it with the back porch fully involved and flames coming out of the corner of the roof. By the time they were ready to make entry, the whole roof lit off and command declared it a defensive operation (ie...nobody goes in).
.
About 0550, the tiller was put into a better position so massive amounts of water could be dumped on the fire from above. When we were released a half hour later, the ladder was still flowing, but the fire was nearly out.
.
I came home and played online for a few minutes before crashing into bed. I woke up when my phone rang at 430pm. Nice lil nap if I say so myself.
.
.
PS...I like my paragraphs spaced out, blogger isn't cooperating so you get extra marks to make it cooperate.

No comments: