Thursday, June 14, 2012

Still alive

Things have been interesting the past few months. I can't say I'm happy with everything, but I am surviving. The calls at work have ranged from average, to news-worthy. I've been running everything from the daily BS, to large fires, to shootings, to officer-involved incidents. Nothing is sacred. Not for the fine folks that call 911 for non-emergent reasons. I'm still enjoying my station assignment. With the exception of the one person I've posted about already (see my post about losing respect) I really enjoy the company of my guys. We mesh very well, we work together very well. We just happen to have a leader that doesn't listen to us. There are so many calls I want to share but fear losing my anonymity or my cool. Mom always said to keep my mouth shut if I didn't have anything nice to say. Lately, I have to stand by that bit of advice more and more. Have I mentioned that I hate having to censor myself? Nevertheless, I'm alive, I'm doing ok, and I'm still reading other blogs occasionally.

No comments: