Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I've been busy with many other projects, had friends visiting from Australia, and other things that took up my time. I'll get back to you regularly scheduled randomness eventually.

For now, I'll add something a bit more personal.

I have a registered AQHA gelding. I bought him almost 3 years ago. After taking a couple of hard falls (one of which left me with a concussion-even with a riding helmet), I stopped cantering on him. It's been at least 2.5 years, until a week ago. I finally felt comfortable enough and asked him for a canter.

The horse was hesitant, but did just fine overall. I stayed in the saddle and had a small bruise on my hand, but no worse for wear otherwise.

I've got to get that horse to slow down and be smoother, this bouncing along thing isn't very fun/comfy. (For those wondering, yes, he was on the correct lead. He's just really fast and bouncy.)

1 comment:

hg said...

Great news that you got your confidence back. My gelding does the same thing but it's all due to his lack of rear impulsion. He knows how to do it, he just forgets which makes it that much more "fun" for me to ride (he's 13, and it's uber frustrating that every time I ride I have to remind him) oh well.)