Saturday, November 10, 2007

Truck Day

For lack of an interesting way to paraphrase it, yesterday was boring. In my department, Friday is traditionally truck day. After checking the truck off as I normally would, I broke out the cleaning supplies and got busy. The next couple hours were spent scrubbing and organizing almost everything in, on, and around the truck. We're under a watering ban so I couldn't wash the truck or backflush the pump (I was on the firetruck if you're a bit lost). I did wipe down the dirt that accumulates around the exhaust pipe so the truck wouldn't have a big sooty smudge on it.

Other than that, there weren't any notable calls. We only ran 3 or 4 calls during the day, and I got to sleep all night for the first time in a long time. It was eerily quiet for a Friday, especially considering where I work.

No comments: